REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (Assignment Title: Hydromechanical Expert)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Republic of Tajikistan
Project Management Group
under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan (Rogun PMG)
Assignment Title: Hydromechanical Expert
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): RHPP/CS/IC/8
The Republic of Tajikistan has applied for financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Technical Assistance for Financing Framework for Rogun Hydropower Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services of Hydromechanical Expert.
The main task carried out by Hydromechanical Expert is to review of design criteria (including seismic design criteria), general design and specifications of key hydromechanical equipment including various types of gates, hoisting systems, powerhouse valve systems, etc., check interface aspects, check erection, operation and maintenance aspects, check availability, reliability and continuity of operation (robust design), check safety for people and installations, check conformance with international best practice, etc.
The Terms of Reference for the assignment can be found at the following link:
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related fields.
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing).
- 25 years overall experience in relevant professional works.
- 20 years’ experience on design and erection of hydromechanical equipment for hydropower projects.
- Minimum 10 years with direct participation in design of hydromechanical equipment for hydropower plants, including design of gates operated under high head and in seismic zones.
- At least one previous experience as a PoE member on a large hydropower project.
- Experience on design and installation on at least two (2) hydropower projects with large spillway and tunnel gates.
- Experience of technical coordination and interfaces management on at least two (2) hydropower projects of more than 1000 MW installed power.
The Projects Management Group for Energy Facilities Construction under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan now invites eligible individual consultants to express their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (CV, copy of documents evidencing appropriate qualifications and skills, experience and competence related to the task, description of similar tasks performed, references, etc.).
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 and revised November 2017, August 2018, and November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the selection of Individual Consultants (IC) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Interested Consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 09:00 to 17:00 hours of Dushanbe/Tajikistan time.
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by June 3, 2022 (17:00 p.m. Dushanbe time).
Attn: Mr. Pulod Muhiddiniyon
Projects Management Group for Energy Facilities Construction
under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan
5/1 Shamsi str., 6 th floor, 734064, Dushanbe
Tel.:(+992 37) 235 74 17