REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (EXTENSION) Republic of Tajikistan Technical Assistance for Financing Framework for Rogun Hydropower Project Consulting services: Senior Procurement Specialist
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (EXTENSION)
Republic of Tajikistan
Technical Assistance for Financing Framework for
Rogun Hydropower Project
Consulting services: Senior Procurement Specialist
The Government of the Republic of Tajikistan has received financing from the World Bank in the amount of US$15,000,000 toward the cost of the Technical Assistance (TA) for Financing Framework for the Rogun Hydropower Project This project is jointly financed by the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) (US$ 5.0 million).
The TA Project will help to: (a) strengthen technical, environmental, and social aspects of the Rogun hydropower plant construction project (Rogun HPP Project); (b) develop the commercial framework of the Rogun HPP Project; and (c) strengthen the institutional capacity of the Project Management Group for Energy Facilities Construction under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan Rogun (Rogun PMG), which is the implementing entity for Rogun HPP Project.
Main objectives of the assignment
The main task to be carried out by Senior Procurement Specialist is overall leadership, fiduciary oversight, and capacity development to ensure compliance with IFI’s procurement (goods, works, non-consulting services, and consulting services) policies and procedures, supervise the whole procurement cycle linked to any procurement of goods, works, and services to be carried out in the frame of the project (design of the tender documents, offers evaluation, awarding, contracting, as well as advising technical teams on procurement matters related to the follow-up of works and commissioning, disputes resolution, acceptance of works, etc.
The Terms of Reference for the assignment can be found at the following link:
- A University degree and Master’s Degree in the field of engineering, management, finance, legal, or economics or other related courses.
- Experience of at least 10 years as a procurement processional with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in procuring goods, services and works in a public or private sector institution at least 4 years working under the World Bank or Multilateral Development Bank financed projects with a demonstrated strong track record;
- Previous experience in processing high value contracts (subject to international competition under World Bank procedures) in civil works, supply of goods and consultancy services.
- Previous use of the World Bank Bidding documents for civil works with Environmental and social safeguard provisions.
- Knowledge of public procurement procedures of Tajikistan.
- Fluent in Russian and English languages. Fluency in Tajik is an added advantage.
- Appropriate computer skills: MS Windows, MS Excel, MS Word, and the ability to quickly learn new systems.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Proven integrity in handling public resources and in executing duties
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 and revised November 2017, August 2018, and November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 09:00 to 17:00 (local time).
Interested specialists must submit CV, two Recommendation letters and a cover letter in Tajik/Russian and English languages with indication of the position name to the address below (in person or by e-mail) by October 8, 2023 (17:00 Dushanbe time)
Attn: Mr. Pulod Muhiddiniyon
Projects Management Group for Energy Facilities Construction
under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan
5/1 Shamsi str., 6 th floor, 734064, Dushanbe
Tel.:(+992 37) 235 74 17